What a great way to end a fantastic school year! Abbie's Kindergarten Program was simply adorable. It's fun to watch her interact with her classmates. She's a social butterfly! Especially with the boys, and she's got some pretty cute ones in her class! :) At the End of the Year Awards Assembly, Abbie was awarded the Clove Award. Which is a pretty neat one to get. Each teacher chooses a boy and a girl from their class who exemplifies good citizenship. I'm so proud of Miss Abbie Kadabbie. Way to go kiddo! Emma received the Reading award for her class. She passed the most AR tests in her class (which I know some of you have no clue what AR testing is, but it basically means she read a lot of books and took some tests about them to see if she retained the info that she read.) She has turned into quite the little reader and even had a special lunch with her teacher that included a Happy Meal! Good job Emma Kay!

Before school let out, however, we took advantage of the long Memorial Day weekend and headed down where the sun was shining. It had been a while since I had been "home" and I was SO ready for a break! The weather was perfect, we had a great time with all of my family, and I was able to relax, which was a very nice thing indeed.

While we were there, our chubba lubba, Luke, celebrated his first birthday! He is such a funny little kid with a million facial expressions. I am glad that we could be there to celebrate. Josh and Brittany did a fantastic job on his cakes. I only have a picture of the Sully cake, but they made one of Mike as well. Grandma Fowlks made a "Mike" pinata and the kids had a blast taking turns whacking it. We went to see Shrek 4, which we loved. We also went to a park and had lunch with Kirk and Joan and stopped by Judd's for some very yummy ice cream and Hawaiian ices.
We also were lucky enough to enjoy a free pool. (Thanks Dan and Chantelle!) The kids were DYING to go swimming and did not want to leave. I'm glad that Dan likes to play around in the pool. My poor kids got stuck with a mother who would rather lay around in the sun then swim in the pool. So thank you Dan for playing with them!
We also were lucky enough to enjoy a free pool. (Thanks Dan and Chantelle!) The kids were DYING to go swimming and did not want to leave. I'm glad that Dan likes to play around in the pool. My poor kids got stuck with a mother who would rather lay around in the sun then swim in the pool. So thank you Dan for playing with them!
And now I am VERY happy to announce that SCHOOL IS OUT! We finally broke out the water slide this week. Now that it has stopped being cold, we can enjoy the sun! Bring on the Summer! I am ready! :)
congrats to Emma and Abbie on their awards. It was fun having you here. Can't wait till the kids are here in July.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your lunch time with us. It was fun to see you and the cute kiddos.
ReplyDeleteTha is funny that your kids got stuck with such a lazy mom at the pool. My kids did too. Trevor informed that he doesn't like swimming with me because all I want to do is lay in a raft and read a book. It is a good thing I married Landon. I told pool time was my time and he was the baby sitter!!!
ReplyDelete