Monday, June 28, 2010

11... Really?

How did we get from this cute chubby face...


to this handsome "too big for his own britches" face?


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH!
We had a great day today. Josh wanted to go swimming so I broke down and actually took my kids to a public pool. (Have I mentioned that I loathe public pools?)
I do have to say though, that it wasn't too bad. It's actually really nice now that pretty much everyone can swim. Ellie still needs me to be by her, but I can be relaxed a little more knowing that the other ones are pretty darn good swimmers.
Josh chose cheesecake as his birthday treat. There are only three of us here who like cheesecake so this little sample cake was perfect for the occasion! The girls had donuts.

He got some fun presents- a scooter, a HUGE Nerf gun that shoots like 3 darts per second (which he has had fun terrorizing his sisters with of course), a Diary of a Wimpy Kid shirt, and a Percy Jackson guide book. Aunt Danette and Uncle Chad also sent him a gift card (thanks guys!). Danette has been making the cutest skirts for my girls for their birthdays and she didn't think that Josh would be too happy if he got a skirt so she opted for a gift card instead.


Josh is a great kid. I am constantly amazed with this kid's memory. He can remember EVERYTHING, which is good and bad. He loves anything that has to do with weapons, war, and fighting. Typical boy. It's too bad that he is surrounded by girls who don't have the same appreciation for these type of toys. But he amuses himself by torturing them in a typical big brother fashion. He just received his Webelos badge and Arrow of Light and I think he has already read the entire Boy Scout Manual from cover to cover. His goal is to have his Eagle by the time he is 14 or 15. So I hope he stays excited about it! He has a strong testimony of the gospel and is reading the New Testament right now. He gave a talk this past Sunday that he prepared all by himself and it was fantastic! I am so blessed to be his mother and I hope I don't screw him up too badly. :)

Love you buddy!

3 comments:

  1. That is too big! I feel like I've missed out on him growing up!! Hey, pretty soon, he could fly here to visit us.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a great young man. I am sure mom will not screw him up at all. You know though mothers are put on this earth to make their childrens lives miserable. We had a great time celebrating with him while there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he is 11! He is such a great boy! Logan loves playing with him, I am glad Logan has such a great example to look up to!

    ReplyDelete