Friday, May 7, 2010

Emma's Special Weekend

What a crazy weekend! I don't think we could have fit one more thing in. It was so much fun to have all of our family here to celebrate with us. I couldn't be more proud of Emma! First of all, I can't believe she is 8. She is such a sweet girl with a strong testimony of the gospel. She has been working on reading the Book of Mormon. Her goal was to finish it before she was baptized. She didn't quite make it, but I am proud of her for putting forth an effort.


Do you like the red cast with her white baptism clothes? Grandma F. brought some garbage bags which worked really well to cover the cast so it wouldn't get wet.


Just a little side note here about her dress (GRRR). So after Emma was baptized, I was helping her get out of her wet clothes and into her dress. Well, this lovely dress that her mother so lovingly tried to make for her, did not cooperate with us. The zipper broke!!!! Fortunately she had a white sweater with her so I threw it on her and we hurried back to where everyone was waiting for her confirmation. Note to self: NEVER, under any circumstances shall you make another dress. I have given Mark permission to slap me if I ever suggest it. Ice skating costumes, no problem. Beautiful dresses, BIG problem. It's safe to say that Abbie and Ellie will be wearing a beautiful store-bought dress.


Before her baptism, of course, she had to actually turn 8! :) She had a great birthday. I took her to lunch and then after school we spent the afternoon at the ice rink for the Spring Show dress rehearsal. When that was finally over, we headed to Dairy Queen for dinner and ice cream.


My beautiful baby girl.


Are we excited to eat at Dairy Queen or what? You can tell that we don't take the kids to restaurants very often, although I don't think this Dairy Queen would qualify as a restaurant. I was praying that we all would not end up sick after sitting in that place for more than 5 minutes. (Yuck.)
Happy Birthday, Emma Lemma! I love you and I am so very proud of you and the choices that you are making in your life. You are a great friend, a peacemaker, and a very smart and beautiful young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment