Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Great to Be Eight!

I can't believe my little Emma Lemma is 8 years old! How did this happen?

When I was a kid, we only had big birthday parties every 4 years. As a kid, I sometimes thought this was very unfair. BUT, as a mom, I see what a genius my mom truly is! Birthday parties are
1. EXPENSIVE
2. A lot of work
3. Did I mention a lot of money?
So we have the same deal at our house. Every 4 years, we go all out and have a big party. On the other birthdays the kids can choose a friend and take them to a movie or to lunch or swimming, etc. We LOVE this plan at our house. :)

So this is the year for one of Emma's big shin-digs. She has been wanting to go to a Family Fun Center (which shall remain nameless as my blog is not private), for a year now. So we decided to have the party there and we were not disappointed. Everyone had a great time. The cake was de-licious if I do say so myself.
We all had fun riding the Bumper Boats, Race Cars, playing a "speed round" of mini-golf (have you ever been mini-golfing with 12 people? With 7 of the 12 being a group of giggly girls?) Not easy. I think that was the fastest round of mini-golf I have ever played.

It was a fantastic day and Emma couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She loves being with her friends and they were all so cute. My little girl is growing up! Pretty soon it will be time for her next big party and I will again be wondering where the time has gone.

So I have to say Happy Birthday to my sweet Emma! I'm so proud of you. You are such a great friend and sister. You are beautiful and smart. I love your enthusiasm for life and your ability to be a peacemaker. Love you Emma Lemma Ding Dong! :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that idea about the 4 year space between big parties -- you are right, it would save so much time and money!! What a fun day for Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. That is a good idea with the parties. Do you think it is too late to start that tradition with my kids. Isabel is 11 so she really should never have to have a party ever again because she has already had 11 parties. That would make her 44 for her next party. I think that is awesome!!! Just kidding. Okay so for the blog below this one. YOU are really trying to show me. Whats the deal with making a baptism dress. That is awesome, but makes me suck because I bought mine which did not make me say any naughty words so which is the righteous way to go. Let' pray about that one shall we. :) I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa-
    Believe me- I wish I had never even THOUGHT of making that dress. To make matters worse, I was in a store the other day and saw a dress that was similar to the one that I tried to make in the first place and it was about $15 cheaper than what I spent to make the darn thing. So another lesson learned. I have now had two separate dress disasters in my life so maybe I won't get that crazy idea in my head any more. If I do, Mark has permission to shoot me. I made him promise. :) Love ya too and I will try to take some pics during preschool tomorrow and email them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the party was a lot of fun! I'm so sorry we missed it! Paige really wanted to go! It makes me sad how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I can't believe she's 8 either! Holy cow....time just needs to stop right here. oh wait, then i'd be stuck with an almost 4 year old, I don't know how i'd feel about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Emma Blemma.
    And I love it when the Children see the wisdom behind the mothers maddness :)

    ReplyDelete