Friday, March 26, 2010

On the First Day of Spring Break...

Emma has been growing her beautiful hair out for a few years now and after many nights of screaming and grumpiness while trying to comb food out of her hair, she decided that enough was enough and she was ready to donate her hair to Locks of Love.


So I called Natalie (Emma's cousin) and set up a time to go to the salon where she works. Emma had a hard time deciding who was going to cut her hair since we have about 5 beauticians in the family to choose from! But Natalie was the lucky one.

Emma was really nervous (and so was Mom!) I didn't think I would be, but I am going to miss doing cute things to her hair for all of her competitions. The good news is, her hair grows fast and it will be long enough to do fun things with soon.

Ta-Da! The new Emma! She looks so cute, as I knew she would. The best part about the whole thing is that her hair is going to help a child who is going through a very hard time. We are both really excited about that. Emma has been planning on donating her hair for a while now but we had to get the 10 inches that Locks of Love requires. So after months of measuring, we finally made it!

Now she and Abbie look like twins! Abbie is excited to have the same hair as Emma (finally!) She has been trying to grow hers out too so she can be like Emma, but sadly, her hair does not grow as fast as Emma's so it's better this way! On the way home, Abbie said, "You know what? I'll bet Daddy won't be able to tell who's who! He will think that I am Emma and Emma is me!"
A big thank you to Natalie who did such a great job on both girls hair!
I am debating on whether or not I should join them in the short hair club.
Short or long? That is the question...

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't believe she did it, but it is so so so so cute!! I love it! So great for summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't either it was so long. They both are adorable. Cute Cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!! Anni will love it - she has wanted to cut her hair for so long now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both super cute! And to answer your question, I think that your hair is cute short, it is really cute long too but short is something fun and new. Either way you will still be cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her haircut is adorable!!!!! Way to go Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!!! What a cool thing to do!
    Some little girl will be sooo lucky to have your beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that is a lot of hair. What an awesome decision to do that for other kids.

    ReplyDelete