Twas the Night before school
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring. . .
okay, so that's not exactly how the night before school went on our street.
It went something like this
I heard a lot of sirens and I remember thinking, "Wow, that must be some accident on the freeway." About 5 minutes later I heard a loud screeching sound outside so I ran to the window just in time to see the back of a truck driving across our lawn and crashing into the fence at the end of our street. I opened the door and saw a couple of guys jumping out of the truck and taking off through the condo complex. About 2 minutes later our circle looked like this. . .
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring. . .
okay, so that's not exactly how the night before school went on our street.
It went something like this
I heard a lot of sirens and I remember thinking, "Wow, that must be some accident on the freeway." About 5 minutes later I heard a loud screeching sound outside so I ran to the window just in time to see the back of a truck driving across our lawn and crashing into the fence at the end of our street. I opened the door and saw a couple of guys jumping out of the truck and taking off through the condo complex. About 2 minutes later our circle looked like this. . .
We saw car after car pull up. Some were Highway Patrol, some were Murray City, a lot were undercover which turned out to be the US Mashalls. When we saw them bring out the huge guns we went back inside and made sure all the windows and doors were locked. Here's the truck. . .
Here's what it looked like this morning after the truck was removed. The fence didn't put up much of a fight, but the slight drop off and the sidewalk did! The fence isn't completely down, but we can't let Mei Mei out by herself because there is a huge gap between our fence and this one. Hopefully we can get in touch with the condo maintenance company soon so we can get it fixed. It was sure nice of them to mow down the weeds at the end of the street though. Mark and I have been trying to find time to do that. Although we don't appreciate the big ruts in our front lawn. Mark just got it looking nice too. But at least no one was hurt, that's the important thing.

So here's my little Emma Lemma Ding Dong on her first day of 2nd grade. She is getting so grown up. She will be baptized this year. It was weird to have one child old enough to be baptized, it's going to be really weird to have two! I'll bet if I went through my elementary school pics, I might have an outfit that looks very similar to what Emma is wearing. Gotta love the 80's!

Here's my big kid, Josh on his first day of 5th grade. 5TH GRADE! I know, it's insane! He definitely has a 5th grader attitude that I am not too fond of. I'm not sure I'm ready for all this pre-teen jazz. But he is a pretty good kid. He has started football again and is loving every minute of it. Mark is one of the assistant coaches this year so that has been fun for them.

So now Abbie, Ellie and I are sitting in a pretty quiet house. It's going to be even more quiet next week when Abbie goes off to Kindergarten ALL DAY! :) It's a beautiful thing. I love 'em to pieces, but I also love the break.
That is crazy I am so glad that no one was hurt or they didn't run into your open door! Love those cute grandkids of mine.
ReplyDeleteWow, You're getting old!! WE will ahve to make sure and plan a trip up there for Emma's baptism. I sure miss those kiddos of yours!
ReplyDelete