My Grandpa passed away on Friday, July 3rd. He made it home from the hospital and was home for about an hour before he left us. That's all he wanted. He wanted to be home. It is very bittersweet because he is no longer in pain, but we miss him so much and always will. I have been very lucky to have all four of my grandparents in my life for so many years. He is the first one to leave so I think that makes it even more hard. I have been so blessed to live just a few blocks away from both sets of grandparents all of my married life. My kids know them and love them and we have so many wonderful memories. I am sad that Ellie will not remember Grandpa. He loved teasing her. Josh will miss sharing football stories with him. Emma will miss giving him hugs. Abbie was always bashful, or course, but I think she will miss all the flowers in his green house. I will just miss him: his sense of humor, his knowledge of flowers, his stories, his vegetable garden, the whole package. I love you, grandpa! I look forward to the day I can give you a big hug again.
Great slide show! I want to copy it and put it on my blog! Is that even possible?
ReplyDeleteLove you Grandpa!
well if that didnt just make me cry!!! Man im going to miss him sooo much!! i really wish i could have taken one of his flowers before they all died i really want one!!! ill miss that sweet man so much!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great slide show. Grandma watched it tonight I can't believe how strong she is right now. She is tired but she is a rock.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen some of those.
ReplyDeleteAwesome slide show! He was a great man!
ReplyDelete