Sunday, April 26, 2009

Simple Pleasures and a Happy Birthday!


Today while getting ready for church, my sweet 2 year old once again reminded me of one of the simple pleasures in life that I, as an adult, have forgotten. We were in my room and after I put my dress on she said, "Spin, Mommy!" I said, "What?" (Because actually it came out more like "Pin, Mommy". She has the cutest lisp.) Anyway, she repeated, "Spin, Mommy!" I then realized that she wanted me to spin in my dress, which is one of her favorite things to do in life. So I humored her and spun around once. This brought so much pleasure to her cute little face, I couldn't resist doing it a few more times. Not too many, because let's face it, I'm old and I was getting dizzy. Thank heavens for these cute little angels that surround me to remind me to take the time for the simple pleasures in life.
One more note. . .today my Grandma H. turned 80. I am so thankful that I live so close to both sets of grandparents. I love that my kids know them and that we are able to help them with things that they need. My Grandma is a wonderful Grandma. She taught me a lullaby that I now sing to my own kids. I remember many sleepovers with cousins at her house, awesome Christmas breakfasts, and yummy fresh veggies from her garden. She has taught me so many things about gardening, sewing, flower arranging, and she gave Mark pie crust lessons which has brought us A LOT of joy! We love you Grandma! Thanks for all you do!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute about Ellie, Carly lves to do he same things while saying "I a princess." I wish I lived so close to them! I could learn a thing or two about sewing and gardening!! You'll just have to pass on the knowledge you've gained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all you do it is comforting to me to have you so close to them when we so far away from them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you took the time to spin for your little one! I was thinking about how long its been since I have done that- and realized it would be dangerous at my age-!!

    ReplyDelete