Thursday, November 6, 2008

Call Me Crazy

Okay, so I think I can officially be placed into the category of insane. It was made official today at our meeting so I can safely say that I will be PTA President next year. Why? I really don't know. It all happened so fast. I've been thinking and praying about it for over a month now and some things happened recently that made me think that now is the time. I feel good about it, but scared at the same time. What have I gotten myself into now? I guess my life wasn't crazy enough with the duties of motherhood, church callings, preschool teaching and everything else. So for all of you out there who attend our school, watch out, I will be calling you! Just kidding! :) But seriously, if anyone has any suggestions on how to run a PTA, I will gladly take them. Oh, and I could probably use an extra prayer or two also. And if you see me sitting in a corner talking to myself, you will know that I have finally pushed myself over the edge. Help! :)

5 comments:

  1. You will do a good job you are organized and you have very good leadership skills. All I can say is deligate deligate deligate!!!!!!
    Coming from a three time PTA Pres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are going to make a great PTA Pres. (I echo the first comment on here...) When it comes down to it, please let me know what you'll need help with, I'll be glad to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth were you thinking? That would be the very last thing I would want to do. Maybe.....to selfish! Good luck and I know you will be terrific, especially since you have managed everything else you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious????

    WOW! Good luck with that! While I know the school has just hit the jackpot and has just elected the most amazing PTA President that it has ever had and probably ever will have.....WOW! They are lucky to have not only an amazing woman but an EDUCATOR to run the PTA. GO Desirae!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic news for us moms who have kids at Liberty - our little ones will be in amazing hands with you on board. I already LOVE Liberty...and it just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete