


I can't believe that Emma is 6! These kids are growing up way too fast. She had a very good birthday and she kept reminding us that it was her birthday too. She figured that because it was her birthday, she didn't need to help clean up or do anything she didn't want to. But we soon put an end to that way of thinking! She got to go on a field trip at school which was fun and then we went to Burger King for lunch and off to Jungle Jim's Playland. (or as Mark calls it, Jungle Jim's Bacteria Land which is pretty true.) It's a fun little place with little kids rides and video games and such. She invited her friend, Karli, to come and the three of them (Emma, Karli, and Abbie) ran from ride to ride for about 2 hours. I made the mistake of taking Ellie on the first ride which was the fast roller coaster thing and she would not set foot on any of the other rides after that. I think I may have traumatized her for life! We had dinner at home and cake and ice cream. I made my first attempt at using fondant on a cake and it turned out okay for a first attempt. I found a great tasting fondant recipe and it worked out really well.
So I think our little Emma Kay had a fun day. She is our tender-hearted sweetheart and she brings so much joy to our family. I am so proud of all that she has accomplished in her first 6 years of life. She is getting better and better at ice skating and now she has started soccer and is doing really well with that too. She is also taking piano lessons from me and loves it. She is really good at sight-reading and playing by ear.
Happy Birthday, Emma! We love you!
Happy Birthday Emma we are glad you had a great b-day you are a little princess and we love you alot. The cake turned out great how did it taste with the fondant?
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!! Good job on the cake! I've always wanted to use fondant. You'll have to give me the recipe you used.
ReplyDeleteThe fondant tasted pretty good. THe recipe is really easy, but messy to make.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to Emma we love you!
ReplyDeleteThe cake looks great! Was the fondant fun to use?