Sunday, March 2, 2008

My 30th Birthday!



Well, since I am the one who updates our blog, I guess I need to post my own birthday blog. Today I am officially out of my 20's. I am actually not freaked out about it at all. The only weird thing is that I can remember when my parents turned 30 and I still don't feel like I'm old enough to be a real grown up (if that makes any sense). I had a pretty good bday as far as "grown-up" bday's go. We bought a new furniture set for our family room and I bought some fabric and things to finish some projects that I am working on. Yesterday, Mark took me to a movie (Juno, which was really great. I recommend it.) Then I had to go and play at the conference center so Mark met me downtown and we ate dinner at The Roof Restaurant which is on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Talk about an incredible view! Our table was right next to the windows looking down on the Salt Lake Temple. It was awesome! The food was incredible. Today was my actual birthday. Not much to do on Sunday, but we had a nice dinner and dessert (Shaum Tortes, yummy!). Mark's parents came over and we had a nice visit. My parents called from their cruise ship. (Have fun ma and pa!) My cute little girls serenaded me with Happy Birthday while we were getting ready for church and made me some great pictures. My little nephew, Logan, called before church and sang me happy birthday (thanks, buddy!). So I guess it's officially so long to my 20's, hello to my 30's and I really couldn't be more excited. I have so many things to be thankful for: my fantastic husband and kids, my wonderful parents, siblings, and in-laws, my health and my family's health (now that we're finally over the cold and flu season), our beautiful home and great neighbors and friends, and my testimony of the gospel. I have a great life and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for all of the wonderful things he has blessed me with.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, my day is coming soon! I don't feel as old as I am either. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Big sis! Wow 30?! Holy Cow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday again! You look great for being so old!! j.k. Wish I could've seen you when we passed through Salt Lake. Maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b-day Rae Rae. I remember when I turned 30 and your Mom made me a cake shaped in a 3-0 (to rub it in since she was waaaaaaay younger!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy b-day. It sounds like you had a great birthday. Mine is on Easter and I too am totally excited for my 30's.

    ReplyDelete