Sunday, February 17, 2008
My New "Me" Time
So, I just have to make a quick post and share with you an experience I had yesterday. I am fortunate enough to be able to play the piano at the Conference Center every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. I auditioned about a month ago and now I get to go for an hour and a half and just play this beautiful grand piano in one of the most beautiful places I can think of. I was a little timid at first because I didn't want to make any mistakes. The sound carries through most of the builing because of all the marble floors so I felt like everyone was going to hear every mistake. But after a few songs, I just started enjoying the experience and it was awesome. It's going to be a great little break from being a mom and just being able to share the music that I love so much with other people who are taking tours of the Conference Center. I love this church and having the gospel in my life. I have been so blessed because of it and I can't imagine my life without it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, what an awesome experience that would be. I myself would never be able to do that because of nerves! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteYea! I am so excited for you! Not just because you get a break from the kids but that you actually get to do something that you love also!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to come and listen to you. That is so awesome I am glad like Danette said that you can do something that you love to do and something that you worked hard for when you were younger. All that practicing paid off.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I bet it is a little nerve racking. But you do a great job! A little me time is never bad either!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful is that. The next time I come to SLC I will stop by the conference center Saturday Morning. It was so great to here from you. I hope all is well with your family. They are absolutely adorable.
ReplyDelete